PR & Communications Associate
ACT NOW Education is designed to provide guidance and the tools necessary to make goals a reality. We would love to have you on our team as the Communications Coordinator. You would be the face of ACT NOW Education speaking on behalf of out organization. We want to provide career planning, business development resources, latest certification and apprenticeship information to active duty/transitioning service members, veterans, and military spouses.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to social and influencer marketing campaigns in support of partner products and initiatives
- Ongoing communication with internal teams managing official partnerships to understand objectives, priorities and key upcoming activities
- Assist with content planning/development, reporting/analytics and updates to assigned social media channels and future partners
- Assists in integrating and executing influencer marketing initiatives as part of overall campaign activities
- Daily monitoring of social channels owned by ACT NOW Education
- Prepare and share reports on marketing activities around ACT NOW Education in order to see where we need to improve our communications
- Maintain and share within our team a high-level understanding of social and influencer marketing best practices, features, strategies, and tactics
- Create and maintain a social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement
- Work with the social media team on the best way to create postings and how to interact with viewers
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1-3 years of social marketing, public relations and/or consumer marketing experience
Knowledge of strategic social media, influencer marketing and public relations practices
Intermediate understanding of all social media platforms, including but not limited to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Slack, and LinkedIn
Experience planning and creating content for use on social channels
Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
Strong writing, editing and communications skills
Demonstrated writing and identification of quality social media content
Understanding of cross-discipline marketing functions: PR, Advertising, Partnerships, CRM, Retail, etc.
Knowledge of graphic design best practices, principles and software preferred.
Undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, a related field, or equivalent preferred
Data-driven and results-oriented.
Volunteering ties you with others
Volunteering improves your social and networking skills
Volunteering will teach you essential work skills.
Volunteering should give professional experience
Volunteering adds excitement and gratification to your life.
We Love Your Commitment:
Four to Ten hours per week, attend monthly meeting, and meet required deadlines.
We are an EOE that empowers our individuals to drive change without fear, regardless of their ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics.