Human Resources Director
ACT NOW Education is designed to provide guidance and the tools necessary to make goals a reality. We would love to have you on our team as the HR Director. Our mission is to provide career planning, business development resources, latest certification and apprenticeship information to active duty/transitioning service members, veterans, and military spouses. We would love for you to join our team.
What You’ll Do:
- Support with routine, day-to-day HR questions, needs, and inquiries, providing and ensuring you guide our team and military community to the right resources to ensure timely solution
- Provide HR guidance to ACT NOW leadership on achieving objectives
- Participate in HR events in order to improve your skill
- Conduct new employee orientation and manage with on-boarding process
- Manage sensitive and confidential information
- Lead recruiting and staffing from internal and external sources
- Perform other duties or tasks as needed for the teams success
Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
3-5 years of HR job related experience
BA/BS degree in Human Resources, a related field, or military affiliation
SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or aspiring to complete; or, any HR related certification
Proficiency with or ability to quickly learn HRIS or other talent management systems
Ability to communicate in a clear concise manner
Ability to effectively manage time and tasks
Attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
Ability to use personal computer and strong knowledge of software applications including but not limited to MS Office
Four to Ten hours per week, attend monthly meeting, and meet required deadlines.
Volunteering ties you with others
Volunteering improves your social and networking skills
Volunteering will teach you essential work skills.
Volunteering should give professional experience
Volunteering adds excitement and gratification to your life.
We Love Your Commitment:
We are an EOE that empowers our individuals to drive change without fear, regardless of their ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics.