ACT NOW Education is designed to provide guidance and the tools necessary to make goals a reality. We would love to have you on our team as the Copywriter. Seeking intelligent, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join its outstanding team. We want to provide career planning, business development resources, latest certification and apprenticeship information to active duty/transitioning service members, veterans, and military spouses.
What You’ll Do:
- ACT Now Education is currently seeking an experienced Copywriter to lead our brand voice and collaborate with a talented team.
- Copywriter will bring a mix of marketing, social, and business/corporate writing expertise to the position, to promote our company values and brand message.
- We are looking for an experienced storyteller, who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level.
- The ideal candidate will have an authentic writing style, both long- and short-copy formats, and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with any audience.
- The selected candidate is responsible for developing and maintaining a clear voice/tone and delivering a captivating brand message that speaks directly to the reader, viewer, or user.
- A successful Copywriter is a leader that is open to the influence, inspiration, and expertise of the people around them, leveraging the widest array of talents, strengths, and weaknesses.
Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
7+ years as a professional Copywriter and/or Content Creator (focus on copy) with 4+ years of experience in social platforms; ideally in an in-house team or agency setting
Ability to create multi-channel campaigns and digital portfolio (or copy samples) demonstrating strong concept work
Expert knowledge in grammar, literature, love for words, and all things digital
Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Docs; basic Adobe programs a plus
Deep understanding of the power of words, messaging, brand strategy, typography, and communication at its core
Highly skilled team player with experience writing various types of copy; from short, punchy, clever, marketing-speak, to long, storytelling, authentic/personal content
Strong creative vision with ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment, changing priorities, feedback, and tight deadlines
A self-starter who thrives on taking ownership of writing assignments big and small
Team player with entrepreneurial spirit and roll up your sleeve’s mentality
A track record of attracting, retaining, and growing an audience using compelling content in brand campaigns, direct response advertising, email, and social media
Undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, a related field, or military affiliation
Volunteering ties you with others
Volunteering improves your social and networking skills
Volunteering will teach you essential work skills.
Volunteering should give professional experience
Volunteering adds excitement and gratification to your life.
We Love Your Commitment:
Four to Ten hours per week, attend monthly meeting, and meet required deadlines.
We are an EOE that empowers our individuals to drive change without fear, regardless of their ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics.